Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Official. I've joined the blog world. The world is likely to end now...

Hello world! I can't believe that I finally broke down and created myself a blog. The sad part is I was that guy who, for the greater part of several years, laughed at and ridiculed bloggers. However, I find myself deeply interested in blogs now....oh the joys of growing up and recognizing that our interests and desires do in fact change. I guess I'll give a brief introduction of myself. My name is Kris Blanchard, I'm currently a senior at The Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina where I'll be graduating this coming May with a BA in International Politics. I know some of you are assuming that from there I will probably continue on to some grad school to further my political studies, and some of you might be thinking that I will be pursuing an office in government someday. The truth is I have no idea what the future holds, but I know my involvement in it will have absolutely nothing to do with politics. Strange right? You spend four years in undergraduate just to find out that your desire for the future is completely different from your current academic field of focus. Within the past year, God has revealed to me and created a passion within me to serve His Kingdom as a youth minister, aiding the youth of our generation towards becoming mature disciples in Christ. With that being said, I plan on attending Southeastern Seminary in Wake Forest, North Carolina next year. I pray that, through this, I will serve the will of God for my life in the best way I can.


So what is my desire in life, you say? What is it I want to "grow up and do one day?" "How do I want to make a difference in a world where so many people just want to get by, fit in, and mold into the shapely existence of a mundane life in a never-step-outside-of-our-comfort zone society?" The answer is: I'm just going to follow God's Will for life. It has been here in college that I have discovered God's Will for my life and grown closer to Him than ever before. There truly has been no greater reward or happiness for me than in growing in the grace and knowledge of my savior Jesus Christ every single day I live. I have found that, contrary to popular opinion and thought of the current day and age, there really is a world out there with people in it that dare to dream, to desire, to hope, and to pray for an awakening all across the country and all across our beautiful world so that others may come to know Christ through the way that Christians live our lives. I want nothing more than to spend all my efforts, all my energy, and to use everything God has given me to take the Gospel and proclaim it wherever the Holy Spirit Leads me to do so. My aim in creating this blog is to document my life as a servant of Christ, to keep myself accountable in a world where sin runs rampant, and to show the world that there is no greater reward and pleasure in life than in pursuing the grace of God and following Jesus with every step we take, and with every breath we take. After all, to fully abide in Him is to have Him fully abide in us. And nothing is more wonderful than that. ~ John 15:4-5

This is certainly going to be a wild and crazy journey. My prayer is that you will choose to join me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment